CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 24, 2007

North to Alaska

Herb here...........
Gee, I was wondering....you know the expression, something about what if a tree falls in the forest and if there is no one to hear it......something. Anyway, what if I type something in this blog and there is no one who reads it? Or cares?
Tiffany and I are slowly getting our act together, making rudimentary plans, writing our wills.......all in anticipation of leaving Rockville on July 15th for Alaska. Should be fun. Actually, this is Tiffany's fault. Seems last year when we rode the rental bike out to the reunion, Tiffany struck up a conversation with a biker at a gas station who remarked as how they were returning from Alaska. So (regretfully I suspect, in retrospect), she said,"Hey Herb, let's ride to Alaska next year". Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........
What with having had a successful 7,000 mile ride last summer, I got the hots for a Honda Goldwing like the one we rented. Tiffany, bless her heart, in a moment of temporary insanity, conceded that it was OK, go for it. Seems I found a used'06 Wing in the Washington Post ( a great newspaper, I might add; lots of great writers and investigative reporters). The seller, about my age, but four inches shorter had had the bike for only four months and had put only 3,222 miles on it. I think personally, he was just too challenged, height-wise. The price was reasonable for this type of boy toy at age 64, so now we have the wheels and the desire and the time and the decidedly lack of common sense that just maybe we can pull this off.
This may be the first of an installment. We plan to get a MacBook Pro to take along and with the Garmin GPS I just bought for the bike, I think I can keep a running log of our trip. We shall see.

0 comments: